Wednesday 9 March 2011

Drafts for my contents page:

This is the plan for my contents page. As you can see the layout is spaced out to make the reader seem at ease and does not get confused and end up not look through the magazine. I plan to have three images taht reflect the different headings.

This is the 1st draft of my contents page and shows the white background and the brown strips that I used in the front cover but this time they are in a different angle. Plus the masthead "Studio 5" and what the page is "contents". which is in the font used on the front cover, to make it flow with the look and theme of the magazine.
This is the 2nd draft of my contents page, as you can see I have added the various categories that the magazine is split up into. Regular is for what comes in time after time in the magazine. News is for the up to date information on technology and the music world. Interviews is a chance for the artiest to promote their music and share exclusive information about there lives.

This is the 3rd draft for my contents page. As you can see I have added the paint effect to make the contents page have a sense of freedom and flow with the front cover. I also added images that reflect the sub-headings, for example the headphones relate to the page under News. The head of the editor is related to the page under Regular and the image located in the bottom right hand corner is of one from Interviews. I have also put in the page numbers that the image is on.



Feedback For my Contents Page:

My overall presentation of my contents page was good, but lacked some of the key feature of a contents page for example no information on the subscription offer, no quote from artiest and no issue number or date of the magazine. which means that it would not give a good impression to the reader and so will be more likely to put it back on the shelf.

This is the final draft of my contents page. As you can see I have put in the missing features listed above, which make the contents page more busy and so will suggest to the reader that the magazine has lots of content to read and will be more likely to buy the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment